About KÄÄPÄ Biotech, KÄÄPÄ Health, and KÄÄPÄ Forest:
We are a startup committed to making both humans and ecosystems more healthy with the use of fungi. We take a biotech vision when designing solutions. We are the largest cultivator of chaga mushroom, have our own extraction product line for both consumers and a US distributor for ingredient sales, and work closely on bringing cutting edge research to market. Our company culture is demanding, fast paced, research focused, open, inclusive, and forward thinking. We expect the most out of people who join our existing 20 person team.
Initial Job Details:
You will report directly to the CEO. You will be responsible for the logistics, inventory management, production scheduling, processing, quality management, and management of your team. Currently there are 4 people in this team and it will grow quite quickly during Q1 and Q2 of 2021. The work will take place at our 1,300m2 production facility in Karjalohja Finland (1 hour from Helsinki and Turku).
- Prepare weekly production schedules based on orders from the CRM system that port into the ERP system
- Problem solve any machinery issues with our in house mechanical engineer
- Oversee product development from the production standpoint
- Follow best practices in manufacturing
- Oversee Quality Management and guide our company through ISO 22000 certification
- Prepare annual budgets and manage team development
Required skills and qualifications:
- Experience in operations of a food manufacturing/processing company is desired
- Finnish and operational English language skills are required
- Experience working with quality systems is desired
- A operations degree or similar is desired
- Experience with a food supplement company is desired
Salary & benefits:
Salary will be a combination of share options and monthly compensation tailored to experience and skill set of applicant. All employees receive a discount on products as well as free mushroom extracts to keep you healthy.
Interested in Applying?
Please send your resume and cover letter to Eric.Puro@KAAPABiotech.com by December 4th, 2020.